phpBB SMTP Server

dannyc

Perch
What should this be set to for the boards to work properly? Originally I left it blank, but I was getting a lot of SMTP errors. Then I saw a post that mentioned mail.m****here.biz, so I used that, which seemed to be working great until this morning. Now I get this error message whenever an SMTP action is performed:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

Yash said:
Hi

What server are you on? I'll check this out. Relay authentication may not be set properly

I think I'm on Win5. The domain name that I'm having problems with (the only one I'm using phpBB with) is craigg.net.

Thanks!

I submitted a ticket on this yesterday, and this was the reply:

A: Hi,

I am able to send and receive the mail from "mysub1"."mydomain".net as well as
"mysub2"."mydomain".net. there is not any issue related to mail relay. if there is
problem with php files to send mail, kindly update us so we can further
investigate.
Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

I have no problem getting and sending email from the mail servers with an email client. I only have problems with phpBB trying to send a message through the SMTP server, and this only started last week; before that, it was working fine on the first subdomain (I just set up the second one a couple days ago, which also does not work).

Ticket is #30289.

Back