Please answer these questions.

Please answer the following questions for me a potenial client as ask me.

1. What spam software do we use?

2. What security measures do we have in place? Both online/virtual & physical?

3. How are we connected to the Internet? What type of connections? The type of backup connections?

4. Can CGi Scripts be ran outside the CGI directory?

Thanks Guys, they ask me about 50 questions and I just need help with those 4. ;)

1) ClamAV and SpamAssasin are used
2) Physical security is managed by Nap of the Americas. Only authorised personnel can access our cage, and they are given smart cards
Online security, we keep our servers regularly patches, we have hardened all our servers significantly and we regularly monitor for any sort of security threat to them
Passwords, security keys are all encrypted or hashed
We have implemented port-blocking, IP-blocking etc to reduce the number of access points on the servers
3) We have a connection with InterNap, and all our bandwidth is served by InterNap. They are known for their reliability. The connection is BGPed with other providers incase of network downtime at InterNap (has never happened for us). These are all gigabit connections to the providers..
4) CGI/Perl scripts will have to be run inside the CGI directory you configure from the CP

50 questions :) Glad I don't have to put up with that

30 Min. X( . It took me over a hour. 8o . I'll have you do mind next time. :p

Maybe it's the same E-Mail I got, they sent to like 30 different companies. LOL

Ok I will let you know. I think Dave might, because I thought it was spam and it went into the spam folder, and it never got open till tonight and it was sent on the 19th. OPPS.... :rolleyes:

We get those as well, I think it is some survey from a "host search" site to be honest.....

I think maybe Stephen is right about surveys, I got another E-mail today with not as many questions, but some are the same questions.

Another thing also, if these people never hosted before and new to it, as they say. They sure ask some technical questions. :rolleyes:

Back