Plesk 8.3?

DavidG

Perch
Hi -

Just noticed that the WinVPS now comes with Plesk 8.3....

We are on VPS Platinum and have been with our VPS for some time now.

Can existing customers expect this upgrade as well?

Thanks.

Plesk upgrades are an exercise in self control, they don't always go right and we could never force an auto upgrade on users as it fails so often.

If you want us to try to upgrade you send a ticket and we will give it a try but we will have a backup before starting as it fails at least 60% of the time.

Plesk upgrades are an exercise in self control, they don't always go right and we could never force an auto upgrade on users as it fails so often.

If you want us to try to upgrade you send a ticket and we will give it a try but we will have a backup before starting as it fails at least 60% of the time.

Not to be a downer. My VPS went through the 8.3 upgrade back in January 08 and it was a total head ache. Luckily I had Manish on RDC with me so SwSoft could be alerted ASAP. The upgrade failed in the first 15 mins and Plesk wouldn't work at all after that. Plesk was down for a wk and half while SwSoft worked on my VPS to get things back up and working. Luckily web sites and email stayed on line.

It was suggested I upgrade to 8.3 by SwSoft since I was having other issues with Plesk.

This is all from personal experience and lucky we have great tech support and Manish and the rest of the support crew came to my rescue.

Eric,

your issue was a bit different due to mail servers, but alas David's upgrade also failed, we restored it from backup as it was not even partially working after it failed. :(

Eric,

your issue was a bit different due to mail servers, but alas David's upgrade also failed, we restored it from backup as it was not even partially working after it failed. :(

I didn't know or forgot it was due to the mail servers.

Any who good luck David!

Back