POOF! Site's gone......

Sigh.... I realize that this is all part of the data center move, but my live site's gone down. When I try to access it, I get a page of links for the web shell, DB utilites, and the mail server.....
If I try to go to specific files that I know are there, I get a 404 error....

Yash said:
what do you get when you ping developerkb.com?
Pinging developerkb.com [69.61.29.19] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 69.61.29.19: bytes=32 time=150ms TTL=49
Reply from 69.61.29.19: bytes=32 time=140ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 69.61.29.19:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 140ms, Maximum = 150ms, Average = 142ms

-----
Why doesn't that seem right.... 69.61.29.19??
should it be 69.61.29.137? or 69.61.29.241? as per the email you sent out?

69.61.29.19 is a correct shared IP you are getting and that should open your website without any problem

69.61.29.137 & 69.61.29.241 are the name server IPs. These name servers are used to get a shared IP.

Try pinging "www.developerkb.com" and tell me what you get

I had a problem like this, but it was fixed. I could visit ziggle.org without any problems, but www.ziggle.org came up with two link to SQL mail.

It was the same for the forum yesterday, too, all I got were links. I think this might have to do with IP's changing.

Bliss said:
I had a problem like this, but it was fixed. I could visit ziggle.org without any problems, but www.ziggle.org came up with two link to SQL mail.

It was the same for the forum yesterday, too, all I got were links. I think this might have to do with IP's changing.
Me too... at work it isn't a prob... we update our DNS locally on a high frequency basis....
at home tho, I'm subject to MSN's DNS services.... who knows when that will get updated....

All sites with and without "www" should be working fine. The IP change meant new shared IPs for all our websites. We have redirect scripts that are working to forward requests from the old servers to the new servers if you hadn't updated your name server settings so far. We now realized that the redirect scripts are having problems in forwarding requests with "www" infront of it. What is happening is that when such a request is forwarded, the server cannot recognize exactly which domain it is coming from bringing up a Control panel screen. If you updated your name servers on August 6 (2 weeks ago) when we made the initial announcement, then you really should not be affected by this. However, an issue that may be affecting you if you still see the HSphere screen is ISP caching. Many ISPs cache the shared IP address so that domains can be resolved faster. So what is most likely happening is that when you type in "www" in front of your domain, it is resolved into the old IP and hence brings up the control panel screen. This however is an issue that mainly affects only you. Most site visitors will see your website when "www" is typed infront of it because the chances are that their ISP may have not cached the IP.

Out of the many tickets we received regarding this "www" problem in the last 24 hours, we could access and view every customer site with and without the "www"

Re: Re: POOF! Site's gone......

OK, just checked from home and all is OK!
I really need to learn to not hit the panic button so fast next time! :p

Back