Problem Sending Email With <cfmail> tag

I?m trying to hook up my code to a new smtp/pop3 server. This is code that I've successfuly used with various other smtp/pop3 servers. I?m getting the following error:

"Error","scheduler-1","01/30/04","13:19:36",,"Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) "

I?ve checked and the mail server is not supposed to be filtering on ip on domain name.

To further that, I?ve been able connect fine using Outlook from my pc.

My suspicion is that the SMTP server is requiring username/password authentication for email sends, not just for retrievals as I?ve seen before.

To further that, when setting up Outlook, at first it didn?t work, but I think it started to work once I fixed the password.

Does this make sense? If so, it looks like I?ve got real problems since I don?t see any way to authenticate through the <cfmail> tag. Any ideas?

Are you trying to send the email through our unix mail server? If so, yes you'll require authentication

Why don't you just force it to use the local mail server? Can you do that in CFMX? We'll see if we can set that locally on the server

Yash - Do you have the IP address of the mail server. I think I can set that as the mail server for cfmail.

We fixed this issue for Mason a long time ago

We had to add the mail server Mason was trying to access to allowed hosts in CF security. If you want to access any external host from Cold Fusion, we need to do the same

Hi Yash, Can you tell me if there is a smtp server already set in the CF Server Admin Panel? Some hosts set it to an ip of their smtp/mail server and some do not.

In my code I can either not specify the smtp server and that would default to the one you have set in the CF Server Admin Panel or I can sepcify my clients domain name, which doesnt seem to be working right now.

SMTP is set to our mail server that is located on a linux server

If you want to specify an external smtp server through which you want to send mail, you'll have to give us its IP address so we can add it as an allowed host under CF resource security

Yash,

I am developing a site for my client. His domain name is fitnessexcellence.com . I think I should be able to use the variable mail.fitnessexcellence.com if that is what the mail setting is set to for his site.

Is there anyway to see how other people are using the cfmail within their sites?

PeskyPup replied to my other thread:

Also has any been succesful using cfmail from these servers? I have used other hosts/servers and been able to send mail but not here so far. Do I need to set anything in the control panel?

I do not have an external smtp server that I can use for this site.

Thanks

Back