Problem with Crystal Report 8.5, Cold Fusion MX and Microsoft SQL Server

X

x_MAN

I am using ColdFusionMX and SQL SERVER for development.
Currently I am trying to use Crystal Report 8.5 and Cold Fusion MX to view the report in the web.

i got this error: :(

An unexpected error occurred while using the Crystal Engine. Error number 599 ocurred (Cannot open SQL server.).

I tried allmost all of the solutions avalable in the web to solve it. Unfortunately it did not work and there are not much about this error also in the web. :( Any one can give me some suggession for this error. Unfortunately the Development tools cannot be change to ASP or any other language. It has to be in ColdFusion MX.

Is that error in Coldfusion or Crystal Reports (Coldfusion right)? Either way, it sounds like either the sql service isn't available at all (you've probably already tested for that), or something needs configuring to allow the two to communicate. Usually the one that needs configuring, if you can access the two individually on their own, is the service that sends the request to the other service. That's where your connection error would be likely atleast. Are all your DSN's setup? Also, umm, is there some kind of connection driver between Coldfusion and Crystal Reports? I'd check that if it exists. Hmm i wasn't much help. Oh well, sucks.

Back