problem with mssql3 ?

man I dono, I just wish this would go away!
Makes the page look bad when im trying to advertise it and it dont work! ?(

We are monitoring every single ADO error occuring at the moment on WIN7, we are hoping to solve this soon

Also, could everyone here reporting this issue tell me if they are using a DSN less or dsn connection

All the complaints ive checked so far are using a dsn-less connection

The problem has not occured even once now in the last several hours. We made several changes to both mssql3 and win7 as well as disabled a site that we felt was clogging up the outgoing connection queue.

Things look good now. We have a took that monitors every single error thrown up by ADO so we see alot of bad code as well :(

Yash said:
We are monitoring every single ADO error occuring at the moment on WIN7, we are hoping to solve this soon

Also, could everyone here reporting this issue tell me if they are using a DSN less or dsn connection

All the complaints ive checked so far are using a dsn-less connection

i used dsn connection before it was even worse. dsn less connection works better.

thanks

Not even a single DSN connection has errored out for all this monitoring time

The error is reoccuring at 1 hr intervals now, 4 or 5 times it seems

I request all customers experiencing this to try

#1: Use Server IP instead of host name: 64.156.222.125
If that doesn't work, try
#2: Use a DSN connection

All the errors till now have also used the host name

We plan to contact MS support as well. This seems to be an undocumented Win2003 issue

I have been using "64.156.222.125" since the begining, and it was happening.

As of so far, 9:07 am, from last night it has not happened yet.

OK, couple of more suggestions to people facing this issue:

1)
Specify -
Dataconnection.ConnectionTimeout = 300
Dataconnection.CommandTimeout = 300

OR

use this as your connection string:
Set Dataconnection = Server.Createobject ("ADODB.Connection")
Dataconnection.open "DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=sourcename;DATABASE=dat
abasename;UID=userid;PWD=password"

This should solve the issue, if not

2)
Specify the network library:
"Provider=sqloledb; Network Library=DBMSSOCN; ...."

Not until you experience the issue

Reason its running slightly slow is because all ADO connections are being monitored by a software.

Yash said:
Not until you experience the issue

Reason its running slightly slow is because all ADO connections are being monitored by a software.

Ok, well let me know how my ado's are doing, ill fix any. Im server name codyopb_admin and db name codyopb_ohiopbxdb0

Am willing to help.

It has been almost 4 hours since the last errors, but another small batch just came through, we are still on this, you are not forgotten.

I just added:

use this as your connection string:
Set Dataconnection = Server.Createobject ("ADODB.Connection")
Dataconnection.open "DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=sourcename;DATABASE=dat
abasename;UID=userid;PWD=password"

This should solve the issue, if not

2)
Specify the network library:
"Provider=sqloledb; Network Library=DBMSSOCN; ...."

and it seems to be running faster and no problems yet

Did you have any errors while making that change? Because Out of the 8 errors I saw 7 were for your DB, it might have just been the change taking effect....

Stephen said:
Did you have any errors while making that change? Because Out of the 8 errors I saw 7 were for your DB, it might have just been the change taking effect....

i was having problems at first setting it up, yes, and my friend timed out before i implemented it. but it has been good for the past 15 or so minutes.

I have seen no valid SQL connection errors since my last post stating the fact there were errors.

I am planning to uninstall the monitoring software to speed the sites back up(as it uses a lot of CPU, but worth it to ID problems).
The uninstall will be at 1am Eastern, and will require a reboot.

Turns out the backup is running right now, I had forgotten about that as I am not typically on at this hour. I will get to the uninstall ASAP and not during peak hours of the day.

Stephen said:
Turns out the backup is running right now, I had forgotten about that as I am not typically on at this hour. I will get to the uninstall ASAP and not during peak hours of the day.

thank u guys. great job...

Back