Problems sending Emails

Hi friends..

I had a website created in IIS and was able to send emails out with no problems using ASPEmail. Due to other reasons I had to create this domain in PLESK and delete the older one.

After this I'm getting this error when sending the email:

Code:
Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a0006'

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

/contractprocessor.asp, line 813

The code I'm using is as follow:
Code:
   strHost = "localhost"
   Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")
   Mail.Host = strHost

Mail.From = "[email protected]"
   Mail.FromName = "My Domain Name"
   Mail.AddAddress "[email protected]", "My Domain Name"
   Mail.AddAttachment Server.MapPath(strFileName)
   Mail.Subject = "New Contract"
   Mail.Body = "New contract attached."
   Mail.Send

The "Line 813" is the: "Mail.Send"

Any help is appreciated

Hi again Stephen...you are everywhere :D

Well...could you be a little more detailed?...

Can I still use ASPEmail or should I install any other component?
Notice that I need to be able to send attachments.

Thank you again.

HI Stephen

I tried their code. I created a mailbox and I'm using that email/Pwd as the username/pwd for the ASPMail and the same error is araising.
Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a0006'

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

/contractprocessor.asp, line 813

Then I changed the Host to "mail.mydomain.com" instead of "localhost" and then it times out.

I have no problem in using any other component as far as I it works and let me send attachments.

Any other tip or example?

Well...Issue solved almost 80%

I just changed to CDO. I'm able now to send emails out but this is what is happening.
I'm handling the mail for my domain with the company we bought the domain from(GoDaddy).
Since I'm using the localhost in my VPS as SMTP server, the CDO requires me to have mail accounts created for all the email addresses(in my domain) I will mail out.
Well..the problem here is that the emails are not going to GoDaddy's server. I guess when my JH VPS sees there is some mail going out to one email address in its domain it just keep it and wont send it out.

Can you help me to find any workaround to this?

(I hope It is clear enough..I barely understad myself)

Do you have tried using your Godday.com's SMTP server, with SMTP authentication?

Thank you Tanmaya,

I think I have to pay for that. If I'm wrong please somebody let me know.

Is there a way I can do this using my VPS smtp?

I may be wrong too, but I think you get one without any extra charge.
Search "godaddy SMTP" on google and you should get enough hints.

As it appears your problem is that your domain is added locally as well, while it is actually hosted at godaddy. By design mailservers first lookup locally, and if the domain is local to them, they attempt to deliver emails to local mailboxes, no matter what the MX record says. If you see no harm (and as long as it the domain that has its mail services hosted with godday), disasble mail service for this domain in Plesk. Now try to send mails using localhost.

Back