question before moving to JH

lakhost

Guppy
Hello

We are currently reselling off another HSPHERE provider. I have couple of questions before trying the trial at JH.

(1) where are the servers located?
(2) where can we find some tech info about the network, backup, etc, etc?

most importent question: :)

The current host is blocking all outgoing mails off the servers if the serders ip address is blacklisted for SPAM. even if the user authencated with a valid account the current host is dropping the email saying bad host. is this the same at JH as well?

Best Regards
lakhost

(1) where are the servers located?

Miami, FL

(2) where can we find some tech info about the network, backup, etc, etc?

We have a network running out of Miami, FL, connected to teir1 providers, for backups we use partition based sector level snapshots, that we can restore bare-metal, or file by file. We have additional file based backups as a backup to the backups, all the backups are stored off server, not just on another hard drive.

Thanks - 2 more questions for you.

(1) how much it cost us to restore a file/database/user account?

(2) black listed ips - IP address of my main local ISP is getting black listed day by day. My current hosting company is refusing the accept mails from black listed ips even if he use SMTP AUTH to authenticate himself. How this happens at JHOST?

BEst Reagrds
LakHost

(1) how much it cost us to restore a file/database/user account?
Nothing

(2) black listed ips - IP address of my main local ISP is getting black listed day by day. My current hosting company is refusing the accept mails from black listed ips even if he use SMTP AUTH to authenticate himself. How this happens at JHOST?

If you authenticate, no problem.

Jodostatus is not in use anymore, we are using the domain jodopulse.com for our monitoring now, but it does not yet have a public display, it should after we find the best way to make it give a full status feed.

About activation, I am tech support, but it should happen before weekend as long as you are around to validate/confirm your order.

lakhost said:
if i signup now, can i get my account activated before the weekend?

We activate accounts generally within an hour. It basiscally depends on your availablity. When we call to verify that you have placed an order on us, if you are available, accounts gets activated right away.

i just signedup as "lakhost" - can you please do the needful and let me know? I look forward for a long relationship with you guys.

Hello Stephan,

Are you positive on that? When a user authentincate with pop before smtp he/she can send mails from our servers evern if he is using a black listed IP address?

I don't think so - one of the main reasons why i wanted to move here is this. But i was sending a mail from a black listed ip after authenticating with your mail server - it still rejects the e-mail.

Can someone at JODO confirm this ASAP?

Thanks
Lakhost

**bump**

Hello there,
Q1:
Is there an answer for this problem of sending an email from blacklisted IPs using SMTP authentication?
I understand the problem of LAKHOST and others as we may be using a broadband/dialup connection with dynamic IPs. The IPs we received may earlier be used to send SPAM and blacklisted by SPAMHAUS or any other anti spam forces.

I am seriously considering to move to JH, can you please give an answer for this question?

Q2:
Do you ave any nonstandard port for SMTP on your mail servers? Some ISPs block port 25 and force the users to use their servers as SMTP.

Hello Puma

Sorry - here at JODO also problems remains same. even if you autenticate you can not send mails :(

Amila

Back