questions about security

How hard is it to set up a site that has secure pages? My client needs something that can be secure for uploads etc. Is that what using an SSL accomplishes? Does this put the browser in https mode?

Also is it possible to have a secure webmail login? For example on my current provider you just enter your name and password and login. However he said he can put a packet sniffer on it and read the packets' contents this way.

-David

You can setup SSL, and that is what it does.

As for the mail we have SSL mail as well, but not on webmail, using a mail client specify:
SMTP - 465
POP - 995

With the SSL option checked in the email client.

Yes you can connect with EM and QA to the MSSQL Servers. You can schedule a job with DTS on your side.

Stephen said:
You can setup SSL, and that is what it does.

As for the mail we have SSL mail as well, but not on webmail, using a mail client specify:
SMTP - 465
POP - 995

With the SSL option checked in the email client.

Yes you can connect with EM and QA to the MSSQL Servers. You can schedule a job with DTS on your side.

Does ssl cost extra and is it pretty easy to implement?

One of my clients is concerned about sending unencrypted logins and passwords when logging into webmail. All of his employees work remotely at client sites. Any suggestions? One of his employees used a packet sniffer and could see logins and passwords going out.

I notice that when I login in to an MS exchange server email that it's https. I guess it's necessary to have exchange?

Can I schedule a dts job that will be able to access a directory on my hosted site (on jodo) and load flat files that have been ftp'ed to that directory?

SSL email via a web interface is not currently offered, there might be some 3rd party that offers such a webmail, but I have not seen one.

As for DTS, I thought you meant for MSSQL, DTS only works with SQL. We do not setup tasks in the Windows Scheduler, but we do schedule tasks in ColdFusion.

Stephen said:
As for DTS, I thought you meant for MSSQL, DTS only works with SQL. We do not setup tasks in the Windows Scheduler, but we do schedule tasks in ColdFusion.

Yes, I am referring to using dts in ms sql. For example, in EM you can schedule a mssql server dts job to run on a regular schedule loading files from some specified location. Can I use jodo's mssql and my EM to schedule a dts job that will load files from a directory?

Secondly would an ssl be used to get the browser in secure mode and then access web pages on my jodo web site? Is it difficult to implement this?

-David

Yes, I am referring to using dts in ms sql. For example, in EM you can schedule a mssql server dts job to run on a regular schedule loading files from some specified location. Can I use jodo's mssql and my EM to schedule a dts job that will load files from a directory?

It depends on if you mean a local directory, or a directory on the SQL server, the SQL and web servers are different, so you could not pull that way. But you could from your end.

Secondly would an ssl be used to get the browser in secure mode and then access web pages on my jodo web site? Is it difficult to implement this?

That is rather easy to implement, it is the webmail part that would be more complex, needing a SSL cert for the webmail, then a webmail client that would talk in SSL to the mail server.

Back