Rapid Domain Transfer

ricka0

Perch
I don't know if this is a useless anecdote or typical, but last night I switched a domain (moveonhotmail.com )from goDaddy to Jodo and this morning moveonhotmail.com was working. Maybe this is a good plan to minimize downtime. (change your nameservers in the evening)

i had a simular thing.

about 7 yesterday evening i bought emaginehosts.com (we have emagine-hosts).. as the other wasn't avaliable.

but by 11 PM (thats right 4 hours) both the .co.uk and .com of that domain where working.. i know it maynot work world wide by that time but still.

it has speeded up over the past 6 months

<edit - this is in the uk also edit>

I have similair story. I bought a .co.uk domain from 123reg. When i purchased it said i could not change nameservers within 1st hour. But i tried anyway, as you do, and it let me :p So changed them. Then tried the website like 2 mins later. And bang, it worked. I thought that there was no way it can have done it. So checked again. And correct. It literally had worked instantly. This was in the evening here in the UK.

just read somewhere that dns server updates were changed to 5 minute updates to thats why things are happening so quickly now. Very cool i think!!!

Back