Reaching External MSSQL from VPS

Quick question that has been driving me crazy all day: I've got a client running an MSSQL server on a remote machine. They've punched a hole thru their firewall for requests from one of the IPs on my VPS. But since my VPS box resolves to a bunch of IPs I need to be able to specify which IP address should be used to make the request of the remote MSSQL server. How do I do that? The actual database request will be made via Coldfusion from a site on the authorized IP and should theoretically go off w/o a hitch, but for now I'd like to test things out using a small footprint MSSQL manager. Anyone have any thoughts on how I lock calls over port 1433 as coming from only one specific IP on the box?

I wish I knew :D Same random ip madness happens with SMTP making a mess of rDNS, however I know how to lock SMTP to one IP, it just prevents most scripts from using localhost or 127.0.0.1 then, which is utterly useless.

If they can do by range put in these two and you will be fixed up:
64.187.101.0/24
64.187.111.0/24

all your IPs are in those ranges, you have two I bleieve due to adding more later, but sometimes there are some in different ranges even with a new server signup.

Argh, that sounds a little vague. Like driving by Braille...

So... is my solution to convince their sysadmin to open a wider hole in their firewall that covers my entire chunk of IPs? He's already leery of this whole access thing thru his nice, tight little firewall -- I'd like to avoid ticking him off with a request for a hole that you could drive a truck thru... But, presumably, if I get all possible IPs on the VPS cleared for requests my client will get a response, right?

Back