recc's for good ASP shopping cart?

snooper

Perch
hi all.

this has been discussed a few times, but i wouldnt mind some updated info.
i'm looking for a ready made cart, ASP based so that i can mod it when needed.

just to give you a basic idea - the cart will be some kind of gift basket shop. so one type of mod i will definitely need is a delivery address per product, not per entire order, so that i can deliver 10 baskets to be delivered to 10 different people.

The following i have seen, i'd appreciate it if you gang could add your comments on these options, or possibly add some more options.

thanks!

Comersus - bought a late 5 edition, extremely disappointed. would not buy again.

Candy Press - looks very good. not sure though if its just the design that turns me on, or the actual functions, but it does seem to have great features. COST: Free front end + $50 for backend.

VP-ASP - looks ok technically, but down right ugly on customer and admin sides. COST: $300 (full) $425 (deluxe)

Cactus Shop (http://cactushop.com) - nice design, interesting approch to adding to the cart. COST: $350

Uniwin (www.Uniwin.com.au) - doesnt look like anything special. COST: $286 for PRO.

BVC (www.bvsoftware.com) - asp.NET :(

at the moment, it seems to be down to Candy Press, or Cactus, but there's a big price difference, so here wehere your comments come into play.

thanks again!

i have a personal oe i had started making but with www stuff to be done and more work now

ive not been able ot do so, i hope to get back onto it within the next month or so

but was going ot be very advanced, www.quick-cart.com

please note the release date wont been seen i would think as i have been so busy, ive not had time to do anything the past month.

but i will be look for beta/hackers/crackers to test it

might have been interested, if it was ready...

but until it is... comments on the above (or other) READY carts? ;)

thanks!

I use CandyPress for a number of sites. Its been very good. Their are also a wide range of developers and sellers of add-on goodies for the cart - all very reasonable in price - you can see these advertised on the CandyPress site.

Their are also a number of lively forums dedicated to CP so problems with coding etc can be discussed with other CP users.

As its all written in visual basic in ASP its fairly easy to change code etc if thats your thing. 8)

I'll cast another vote for CandyPress. And it shouldn't be too hard to add a field to input an address for each basket.

I seem to recall their is a guy advertises on the CP site who sells a "different delivery address to the billing address" modification (I bought it - works fine) Talk to him he may be able to do a customization for MULTIPLE delivery as well :]

snooper said:
looks interesting.
never heard of them before. whats your take?

This is the best one on the market! And there is nothing like it now, never has been, and never will be! It's the best system ever!!!

....but then again, I wrote it ;)

I just like to get feedback since it's so new.

garraeth said:
This is the best one on the market! And there is nothing like it now, never has been, and never will be! It's the best system ever!!!

....but then again, I wrote it ;)

I just like to get feedback since it's so new.

That's a classic there :D

Could you give some sort of sample, trial, encoded version, for us to test out, or an admin section demo maybe(limited of course)

Stephen said:
That's a classic there :D

Could you give some sort of sample, trial, encoded version, for us to test out, or an admin section demo maybe(limited of course)

Hehe. yeah.

This is a link to a couple demo pages:
http://www.mall23.com/Online_Store_Demo.asp

The first link is to the store front.

The links after that are to various manager logins. You can make an unlimited number of login types and each can do whatever you say it can or cannot do. There are more than 160 "Rights" that can be granted or revoked to allow things down to the atomic level. Like you can say Jean can add Wholesale Prices but Frank cannot. And Jed can't even see products. It is pretty cool I think. Great for web development companies who want their clients to have just a sub-set of the features in the store.

And thanks for letting me "advertise" a bit here. I know it is really taboo. :)

If you have a good product, no reason why it should not be known, in my opinion, at least you are not coming here and spamming about your fantastic product continually like some others that end up locked out :)

looks good garraeth, but i would be a little wary at first, with new carts, no offense. i have had enough trouble from well based carts... :(

PS - a demo with full features would help too. you could just reset the db every few days, like the others do.

Back