Reseller VPS

matic

Guppy
Hi.

Is there separate reseller pricing for VPS accounts (perhaps discounted prices from retail)? If a reseller has high demand for VPS accounts, but has exceeded his plan's VPS quota, is there anything he can do other than upgrade his reseller plan? If the answer is to upgrade his reseller plan, what happens if the reseller is on the platinumhost reseller plan and still needs more VPS accounts?

The other question I have regarding VPS accounts is can the litehost reseller VPS be split into multiple VPS plans, or am I basically just selling one VPS account and then I have to deny VPS accounts to any further interested customers?

I'm just trying to see if it's worthwhile reselling VPS accounts.

Thanks!

It would be nice for someone to answer this question in a clear manner. It's been addressed before but I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Hi

The resources you get on the reseller plans for VPS are bulk and you can create plans that use only a portion of those resources to sell to your customers. Once you have sold all your RAM and processes, you can buy more of them based on the add-on rates on the reseller plan page (they are very low and competitive). If you want to buy alot of RAM and processes in bulk, you could contact sales and we could give you some sort of discount

Thanks for pointing out how the Reseller VPS works Yash.

With this in mind, I was wondering if there are any resellers out there (successfully) selling VPS plans. With the current price structure, I can't possibly see how it could be feasible to do so (am I missing something?). It seems it would be more viable for Jodohost to give resellers a discount on Jodohost's existing VPS plans and resell them that way.

Here's my VPS cost analysis using Jodohost's retail VPS pricing as a standard measure. I'm also assuming that the Disk Space and Monthly Transfer Bandwidth included in the reseller plans are used up by shared hosting plans.

Reseller Add-on pricing:
Disk Space: 0.10/MB per Month
VPS Virtual Memory: 0.25/MB per Month
VPS Processes: 0.10/process per Month
Dedicated IPs: 1.50/IP per Month
Monthly Transfer: 3.00/GB per Month

ValueVPS
Disk Space: 500MB (500 x 0.1 = $50)
Monthly Transfer: 5GB (5 x 3.00 = $15)
Virtual Memory: 64MB (64 x 0.25 = $16)
Processes: 20 (20 x 0.1 = $2)
1 free dedicated IP (1 x 1.50 = $1.50)

Jodohost Retail Price: $9.95/month
Reseller cost: $84.50/month

SilverVPS
Disk Space: 1000MB (1000 x 0.1 = $100)
Monthly Transfer: 10GB (10 x 3.00 = $30)
Virtual Memory: 128MB (128 x 0.25 = $32)
Processes: 40 (40 x 0.1 = $4)
2 free dedicated IPs (2 x 1.50 = $3)

Jodohost Retail Price: $19.95/month
Reseller cost: $169/month

GoldVPS
Disk Space: 2000MB (2000 x 0.1 = $200)
Monthly Transfer: 20GB (20 x 3.00 = $60)
Virtual Memory: 256MB (256 x 0.25 = $64)
Processes: 80 (80 x 0.1 = $8)
4 free dedicated IPs (4 x 1.50 = $6)

Jodohost Retail Price: $39.95/month
Reseller cost: $338/month

PlatinumVPS
Disk Space: 4000MB (4000 x 0.1 = $400)
Monthly Transfer: 40GB (40 x 3.00 = $120)
Virtual Memory: 512MB (512 x 0.25 = $128)
Processes: 160 (80 x 0.1 = $8)
8 free dedicated IPs (8 x 1.50 = $12)

Jodohost Retail Price: $79.95/month
Reseller cost: $668/month

Am I missing something here? Because the reseller cost doesn't seem reasonable.

I am sorry, there is a huge mistake in the addon prices on plan page. it was reduced sometime ago:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=1846

I just corrected that. Actual prices:
Disk Space: $0.05/MB per month
RAM: $0.10/MB per month
Monthly Transfer: $2.0/GB per month

Also, disk space and monthly transfer are based on usage. Our customers on average use less than 10% of their quotas. If you actually use up your disk space or monthly transfer, you should promply upgrade. I wouldn't include bandwidth and disk space in those prices. Revised prices:

ValueVPS
Virtual Memory: 64MB (64 x 0.10 = $6.4)
Processes: 20 (20 x 0.1 = $2)
1 free dedicated IP (1 x 1.50 = $0.50)

Jodohost Retail Price: $9.95/month
Reseller cost: $8.90/month

SilverVPS
Virtual Memory: 128MB (128 x 0.10 = $12.80)
Processes: 40 (40 x 0.1 = $4)
2 free dedicated IPs (2 x .50 = $1.50)

Jodohost Retail Price: $19.95/month
Reseller cost: $17.30/month

GoldVPS
Virtual Memory: 256MB (256 x 0.10 = $25.60)
Processes: 80 (80 x 0.1 = $8)
4 free dedicated IPs (4 x 0.50 = $3)

Jodohost Retail Price: $39.95/month
Reseller cost: $36/month

PlatinumVPS
Virtual Memory: 512MB (512 x 0.25 = $51.20)
Processes: 160 (80 x 0.1 = $8)
8 free dedicated IPs (8 x 0.50 = $4)

Jodohost Retail Price: $79.95/month
Reseller cost: $63/month

Don't forget that these are after you use up all your memory and processes actually included in the plan. You can get a further discount if you purchase in bulk.

The reason why you shouldn't include disk space and bandwidth is because when you keep upgrading, each disk space and bandwidth unit becomes far cheaper than the published add-on rates. Don't forget again that your disk space is based on actual usage rather than allocation

VPS sounds interesting, yet I must confess I am quite ignorant about what VPS is all about.

Where can I find out more about what VPS is, kind of a "Dummy's Guide to VPS"? And yes, I do mean starting from the very basic and up to the information necessary to use VPS profitably.

Thanks for updating the prices on the reseller information web page (albeit 6 months late). In the message thread that you linked to about the new pricing, it mentions that:

"Each reseller plan now also comes with an additional 64MB of VPS RAM."

Does this mean that the LiteHost now has 128MB or VPS RAM, or has the additional 64MB already been added (giving it a total of 64MB)?

Lastly, the profit margins seem a little tight on the reseller VPS plans (most are 8-11% profit), especially when you're assuming disk space and bandwidth in your reseller plan will fully cover for VPS usage. Are there any Jodohost resellers who have or are successfully reselling VPS plans that would care to post a testimonial of how it's been, or are very few resellers doing this?

1. LiteHost was introduced in Oct. 2004, much later than this forums annoucement.

2. Lots of Resellers and shared customers are using VPS. It is been used mainly for Chat or Games applications.

Good Oyster,

I agree. What is VPS hosting and how is it benefical?

I have tried searching for info on VPS and haven't found much.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Adam

The VPS Hosting is essentially a small linux machine that you would have a root account for, from there you could run an utilize more customized services from the VPS machine.

(The VPS server itself is actually a large SCSI system that is "sectioned" into jailed linux installs)

the VPS systems are a bit harder to set up and manage, since it is essentially a unix system that you have full access to, you can install or remove programs (apache, bind, tomcat, etc)

Hi Stephen,

I know I posted it elsewhere but do you know of anyone using Zope/Plone on VPS?

Thanks

Back