RoR and SSH

SePP

Perch
I've been a happy Jodohost customer for a few years know, just went into my third year. I love the good service and the features, but I would like to suggest some extra features. I already see a difficulty : most of my suggested features have to be supported by HSPHERE. But I'll post them.

1. First of all, I would like to have Ruby On the Rails support. I tried it out on my local server and it's really cool. It is really easy to use and incredibly fast to develope a decent web app.
2. This comes from the first suggestion, I would love to have SSH access to my account. It's necessairy if you want to program with RoR, but for other things it would be very usefull.

You guys are probably thinking, why doesn't he take a VPS account. Well a few reasons:
- I like my current price and setup
- I'm not really a linux wizard so it'll be a pain in the ass to set it up correctly.
- I'll probably be responsible for the maintainance of the account. not ? I do not have any time for this.
- I'm a bit emotionally attached to my value linux plan :p

Anyway, hope you guys get my point. But remember I'm just suggesting, I like jodohost's services and I'll stay a happy customer. :)

RoR, i will see if possible in near future, but wont be available on existing servers.
For SSH, as Stephen said you wont be getting this access on shared servers.

Re: Ruby on Rails (RoR)

I am also seriously looking into this. Any further information available yet as to whether this might be available in future?

This is off topic, but I'd love to have Java Support without going thru VPS. I know HSphere has been working on this, but any idea on when it might be coming out??

Back