scheduled tasks.

fumeng

Guppy
hi.

i'm a newbie to CF and have a question about scheduling tasks. i'm taking over for another programmer who had a file, process.cfm, which dumped data from one mySQL table to another. it is working fine.

now i've set up a duplicate of that database on another server and am writing data to it. i schedule the same task, pointing to the same process.cfm file and when i run the task, it says it's "completed successfully", but it's not dumping the data into the other table. where might i be going wrong?

any help is greatly appreciated. thank you. and happy new year.

fumeng.

First thing to check is how you're calling the scheduled task. Are you calling the copy of the page on the new server or on the old one.

Second thing to ask is have you run the page manually to verify that it's doing what it's supposed to. What it sounds like to me is that your page might need tweaking more than your scheduled task.

hi! thanks for getting back so quickly. i'm invoking the process.cfm manually now to make sure it's returning everything it should -- and it's not. so i'm troubleshooting it from the right place now and everything is much better.

thanks!

Back