SE Friendly Assistance

dgdot

Guppy
Hello all,
I'm on a windows server.
I would be very appreciative if someone would take a look at the following .htaccess file and let me know what is wrong with the code. Why SE friendly links don't work. Many thanks.
As of now, the only code not commented is the last 3 lines.

# This file should be placed in the main directory of Lore. It contains
# directives for Apache web servers (or other servers that support .htaccess
# files). Please consult the knowledge base for more information about these
# values
################################################################################

################################################################################
# Uncomment (remove the # in front of) the following two lines if you
# are having trouble uploading large files.

#php_value post_max_size 10M
#php_value upload_max_filesize 8M

# Uncomment if you are getting ?pt_sid=xxxxxxxxxxx at the end of every
# link in your knowledge base

#php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# Misc values

#php_value memory_limit 12M
#php_value display_errors 1

# May need to be uncommented for some Apache 2 configurations

#AcceptPathInfo On

# Search engine friendly URLs.... may need to change application/x-httpd-php
# if you are running suPHP

<Files idx>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

well that would certainly explain it. :D

as a complete newbie to windows servers, how are SE-friendly URL's addressed, then.
many thanks for your help, by the way, Stephen.

I take it this is a PHP program you are using, if so, which one. I will research and see if it is possible.

I will check it out and see what can be done. It will proably be 24 hours before I can know in more detail.

You can add a the .idx extension to a recognized PHP extension in the control panel to make it execute idx files. That's all this .htaccess would do on Apache since the rest is commented out.

if you are talking about replicating the mod_rewrite function of Apache in .NET you could check out this article...

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/URLRewriter.asp

There are several ways to accomplish this - none are as easy as mod_rewrite unless you can get the guys at Jodohost to go out and buy & install a mod_rewrite type component for IIS...

Back