Security - HttpWebRequest

Hi there,

Let me set the scene ... I have two applications. Program A runs on standard shared hosting and Program B is on a semi dedicated box.

What happens is somebody logs into Program A securely. This works fine, no issues. However, I now need the ability to port them through to Program B. I tried using HttpWebRequest and encrypting the data that I sent however I get the following error:

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

In hindsight, I assume now that Jodohost dont allow external connections to post data as this could be a potentially security flaw?

What is the best way to pipe this information through? I could use an encrypted querystring value ... any thoughts?

I don't have ans answer for this, remote posting would most likley be disallowed as you said, but isn't something we specifically allow or deny, just the way it is, maybe a developer will have an answer :D

Posting data through HttpWebRequest is not disallowed in any way. There must be some other reason this isn't working, but without more information it's impossible to tell for sure what that reason is.
The remote server replies with a 403 error, which suggests you need to be logged in there before you can post the data to it.

Back