security threat?

hello community.We all need a secure database, to this end,
I am worried that user (public) will be able to make changes to the database. As shown in http://www.pixpond.com/x/howsthis.jpg
I don't know if it's necessary to set obvious restrictions to the public user. Ofcourse you can see the priviledges are all unticked. So I am a bit confused as to what priveledges the public user has or should have and how i would go about making the necessary changes for a secure database.

thanks.

I don't know if it's necessary to set obvious restrictions to the public user. Ofcourse you can see the priviledges are all unticked. So I am a bit confused as to what priveledges the public user has or should have and how i would go about making the necessary changes for a secure database.

MS SQL Server works in an exclusive mode when it comes to security. The "public" user (another way to say a connection without credentials or a user that is logged in but not listed in the permissions list) is shown in the list. This does not mean that they have permission to access anything - since nothing is granted (checked) then they will not be able to see anything.

Hope this makes sense! All is safe with your data :)

Back