sending mail with pwd protected ZIPs

snooper

Perch
Hey there

i just tried to send a password proteceted zip file by emails, and got the following error-

Task '*****.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC6D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ??2 Sorry, the virused mail is detected (#5.6.0)'

So can one not send password protected stuff??

thanks!

A few virii used this "feature" of zip's as a farce, I am asking Tanmaya to check this now and see about it.

I just ran some tests, you might want to scan for virii, I could send/rec password protected zips to from mail1 and mail4(dont have an account on mail3, but the setup is the same)

strange.
i dont know what mail server this domain is using (how would i find out?), but this is an Excel doc that i made myself, and zipped myself too.
i was sending from one domain of mine, to another, if that helps any, and was using AES encryption.

OK, even with AES it goes through properly now.

Received: (qmail 26755 invoked by uid 399); 21 Mar 2006 23:44:05 -0000
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.0 (2005-09-13) on localhost
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.0 required=5.0 tests=none autolearn=disabled
version=3.1.0
X-Virus-Scan: Scanned by clamdmail 0.15 (no viruses);
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:44:05 -0500
Received: from smtp4.m****here.biz (HELO mail.m****here.biz) (204.10.105.66)
by mail4.m****here.biz with SMTP; 21 Mar 2006 23:44:05 -0000

As for which server, you can go to the domain, then click the edit button by DNS, and it will have a record pointing mail.thecustomerdomain.com to mailX.yourservicedomain.com

could it be mail nothing ? ie - mail.domain.com? thats what it seems to say following your instrcutions above.

on relay it says mail2.domain.com ->mail.domain.com

You mean the DNS Configuration?
after clicking on the Edit button next to that - i get a table of MX, CNAME etc...
that what you mean?

Back