Server error - Win 6

rabin

Perch
I keep geting

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. .....

This is hapennig very often on win 6.

Asp.net and win2000 ? Asp.net and win2003 8)

rabin said:
I keep geting

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. .....

This is hapennig very often on win 6.

Asp.net and win2000 ? Asp.net and win2003 8)

I might be telling you something you already know, but you can see what the error is by making a change to the web.config file in the root folder. Usually, the web.config file is configured as <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly">.
To display detailed information, change it to <customErrors mode="Off">. Be aware that when you set the customErrors mode to Off all visitors of your web site will see the detailed error message. Therefore, you might want to put it back to RemoteOnly once you determine the error.

riley

But this happens only when win6 has problems.

It is not a programin error because it was working all day, just ocasionally it gives this error. It is not The code.

Thanks

rabin said:
But this happens only when win6 has problems.

It is not a programin error because it was working all day, just ocasionally it gives this error. It is not The code.

Thanks

I wasn't implying that it was your code. The details of the error message will still tell you what the exception was, regardless of whether the error was generated by your code or some problem on the server.

riley

Back