Server Move

jonyah

Perch
Since I can no longer respond to the server move thread, I'm starting this one.

As of now, I am still unable to send email. Sites are up I can check email but am unable to send it. I have a ton of email stuck in my outbox waiting to be sent. I tried the live chat as told by ATUL here: http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=5594&page=4
But, my chat was just ended after 5 minutes of waiting for a response.

What happened to this move being a simple unplug/move/replug type of move? I'm starting to have flashbacks of my last host.

email is being sent perfectly.. i have not seen any complaint. Are you sure your ISP is not blocking anything?

Please send me your mailbox, username and password ill test it

Also, this is a minor issue at most. Nothing to do with the server move.
However our support is 100% busy due to resellers that have issues due to migration issue. As soon as we fix up things for those resellers, support load will have eased a but

I have one question. My site is up running and I feel it is working a little faster, great !, thanks.

However, I can't ping it, why ?
If I ping to 204.10.104.* I get "request time out" responses.
It has a dedicated IP, btw.

hey, how can you do that ? I've not sent you the IP yet and it is working now :D

Sorry, right now I'm inside a coporate network, that might be some local glitch. :rolleyes:

BTW, before the move, I was getting consistently 60-70ms(for 32bytes) ping.
Now, I get 47 and 63 alternatively, that's an improvement, but I thought I was going to get a more notorious speed gain.

it looks like now, email is finally being sent though it can still take 2-3 times to try sending before it successfully connects to the mail server without timing out. Hopefully the load thins out soon and things get back to normal quickly.

Yes this was due to the move. I control the network that I am on and would know if I started blocking outgoing email. I sent my mailboxes, username, etc multiple times via live chat. reponses were either nothing (and then cut off) or the person i talked to had no clue what they were doing and were very slow with their clueless responses.

I understand that problems happen, but when I get the kind of responses I've gotten this morning, I get very ticked off. I'd post my logs of the live chat, but they still haven't arrived in my email, which I checked to have them sent.

we have a system that continually checks the mailservers by sending sample emails. No issues indicated there. If you can PM me your mail box.. I'll see to the timeout issue

Please do email me the chat logs. Support operators have been handling several chat sessions at a time since morning. So yes some of them had a tough time keeping everyone of them updated. I am sure you know this is not normal at jodohost.

I do however appologise

Back