Service domains... to have or not to have?

Dardalius

Perch
Hi all

My first posting here and my first day as a customer... oh and I'm 40 today as well... yes off topic is my speciality

Seriously, do I need to set up a service domain. I don't plan to set up a web site on that domain, I've just purchased it to use as my DNS address?

BTW: Most helpful so far, love the live chat, so helful, but I thought it was about time I got on the forum.

Thanks
David :D

Happy B'day :tongue:

Absolutely, service account is not mendatory. A service account is a normal account except it lets you to use your reseller DNS domain.

personally I like setting up the service domain so you don't get so many dnsreport failure reports on mail, web, etc.

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the reply, great. I won't set one up then. Does this mean if anybody typed in www.mydnsdomain.net without a service domain it will just throw an error.. domain not found ..etc?

Thanks
David 8)

Hi Stephen

You have a point... I could just set up a page containing non-forwarding information...

Nice to have the input

David ;)

Hi guys... my first day here too. :)

In this PSoft reseller doc, it says:

"You may already have a service plan in your system. It can also be called 'System plan'."

In my new reseller account, I have a plan called "Administrative account". Is this the same thing? It was there when I first logged in.

Or do I still need to create a new plan?

Cheers!

Back