Session expiring too soon

HI friends,

I have a site in a VPS and I would like to extend the session timeout.
I changed in the IIS for that site, I changed too in my code and the session seems not to hold longer that 20 mins.

What is weird is that I setup the time in 1 minute and tried it. It worked!!. but when I set it up to 60mins it will expire in much less that that!!...

Any idea?

Make a new application pool and put your domain in this pool and ensure it has a timeout more than 20 minutes which is the default app pool timeout if idle.

Also, if you have plesk you can use the "dedicated application pool" option.

Hi Stephen,

I just submitted a ticket with the whole story. I already created the site in plesk and checked "Dedicated Application Pool"....but it is still happening.

I appreciate your help!

I saw the ticket there, but what is said here is fine.

Windows 2003 made ASP sessions really unreliable, they need a lot of tweaks at many levels.

IN IIS manager go the to the dedicated application pool and set it to a longer period before shutting down if idle, then on the session properties for the domain itself set it to 300 minutes and then see if it will hold for 20+ min as you need.

Excellent!!!

Stephen..this seems to work!!!

Now I'm facing another issue that I think it is much easier than the previous one.
Because I had to change the web site from one folder to the other(when I created the domain in plesk) I lost write access in one of my folders.
My Website needs to create a pdf file and I'm gettin "Access Denied" I already gave write access to that particular folder inside my website in the IIS....what I'm missing here?

Thank you again

Well....I answered myself.

I had to go to the folder itself and give write access to the IUSR****

I'm having another issue sending emails out but I'll try to figure it out by myself.

Thank you very much Stephen

Back