Session Files Removeable!!

Session Files Removeable!

How can we turn off or stop session files from loading on a clients root of server. Client as a php script working and the script keeps loading sessions files, for visitors Ip's on the root of server.

Re: Session Files Removeable!

Use a custom php.ini and set the path to a folder in the site so it does not fill the root :)

I am not sure, none of the sessions files delete, there was almost 100 session files on his server. I contacted the person he bought the script from thinking there was a error in the script, then found out it was a server issue on my end.

The php.ini should be fine will work, if i can figure it out.

I did this very same thing. Here are the lines you should need.

[Session]
session.save_handler = files
session.save_path = d:\hshome\username\sessions

I know how to move the session files, JH helped me with that one. But shouldn't sessions file be removed automagically when a session expires? I asked Stephen this one day and he told me he was working on it, but hasn't found out yet how to do it.

Ton.

I would think that should be handled in the script itself but I could be wrong since I'm not a php coder.

No, it's not the script that is supposed to do that. This "garbage collection" should be done by the PHP engine itself.

Ton.

Back