Setting up DotNetNuke

Nathan

Perch
I am trying to setup DotNetNuke portal on my Jodohost server. I am new to asp.net, but excited at what I see is possible. The installation notes say:

- .NET Framework must be installed ( http://www.asp.net/ibuyspy/CheckDotNet.aspx )
- unzip package into C:\DotNetNuke
- create Virtual Directory in IIS called DotNetNuke which points to the directory where the DotNetNuke.sln file exists

I assume .Net is installed for my Jodohost accounts? How do i create a Virtual Directory - do i need to open a support ticket to do this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Nathan

create a sub domain with ASP.NET enabled and upload DNN's files there. The subdomain would be your virtual directory

After that, ask for full ASP.NET permissions over the sub domain and DBO permissions on your MS SQL database before doing the install

Thanks to Yash and and Jodohost team for instant support and help.

I have now found the perfect solution to adding more value to my site members and am very excited at the possiblities that DotNetNuke offers.
Cheers everyone - I'm off for a beer.

Nathan

I just love it. dotnetnuke is just amazing. I am now trying to setup mulitple portals. The problem is in my CP if I make a new subdomain:
www.test.mysite.com

How do I make a new portal for that domain?

Thanks

Nathan

I am still looking for an answer to this - and would be very greatful if anyone can help.

I have setup DotNetNuke on one domain, but am trying to make mulitple portals - so I can offer hosting to friends. These would be on different domains. When I log in as the host, it lets me setup a new portal, but I cannot seem to link the new portal to the domain I want.

Nathan

I am sorry, I am not following, if you make a subdomain, just follow the same steps again and make it there, is there another problem I am not aware of?

Back