Setting up subdomains

kompot

Guppy
Guys, I registered a subdomain dtcdemo.lvvpu.org. Could you please guide me in setting it up? Should I create subfolder dtcdemo under my lvvvpu.org directory? Where the files for the domain should be located? How to register start page for the domain? Your help would be greatly appreciated ?(

kompot said:
Guys, I registered a subdomain dtcdemo.lvvpu.org. Could you please guide me in setting it up? Should I create subfolder dtcdemo under my lvvvpu.org directory? Where the files for the domain should be located? How to register start page for the domain? Your help would be greatly appreciated ?(

If your account is a windows account, the subdomain is done just like a domain. I think the *nix accounts are done as a subfolder to the domain.

riley

riley said:
If your account is a windows account, the subdomain is done just like a domain. I think the *nix accounts are done as a subfolder to the domain.

riley

Thanks, riley. My account is a windows account. Let say, it is lvvpu.org. Subdomain is dtcdemo.lvvpu.org. Where index.html for the subdomain should be located?

kompot said:
Thanks, riley. My account is a windows account. Let say, it is lvvpu.org. Subdomain is dtcdemo.lvvpu.org. Where index.html for the subdomain should be located?

Once you create the subdomain in CP, CP will create a folder named /dtcdemo.lvvpu.org. So you will have something like this:
youraccount/lvvpu.org
youraccount/dtcdemo.lvvpu.org

Just put your subdomain stuff in the /dtcdemo.lvvpu.org folder (including any other subfolders and files you need) and it should work fine. You can set the default page (index.html or whatever) in CP, just like you would a regular domain.

riley

riley said:
Once you create the subdomain in CP, CP will create a folder named /dtcdemo.lvvpu.org. So you will have something like this:
youraccount/lvvpu.org
youraccount/dtcdemo.lvvpu.org

Just put your subdomain stuff in the /dtcdemo.lvvpu.org folder (including any other subfolders and files you need) and it should work fine. You can set the default page (index.html or whatever) in CP, just like you would a regular domain.

riley
riley, CP did not create youraccount/dtcdemo.lvvpu.org for me. So, I did it manually. Placed some dummy index.html under it. Still didn't work X(

kompot said:
riley, CP did not create youraccount/dtcdemo.lvvpu.org for me. So, I did it manually. Placed some dummy index.html under it. Still didn't work X(

If CP didn't create dtcdemo.lvvpu.org then something is wrong. Perhaps you should open a ticket and let them help you create it.

riley

Back