shared certificate

webtech

Perch
Does anyone know if there is a shared SSL certificate you can use for your client sites without actually buying one????

I'm about to move from Unitedhosting where I already use theirs for my oscommerce sites but hesitating in case jodo dont have one and it involves the extra expense of buying one.

Also, does anyone know if its easy to install your own cert if that is the case, as it is with unitedhosthosting

Thanks

Pete
?(

Cheers Ravi, that's a big relief and a big help!

Just another quick question if I can............what BBS forum would you recommend to use???

Thanks again

Pete
:)

BBS/Forums I recommend

windows- WebWizGuide Forums

PHP/unix - vBulletin for the best paid
PHP/unix - SMF for the best free.

Thanks Stephen

Are there any that you can automatically install on a site on a reseller account. I have one but have not yet taken the plunge and put a site up

phpbb has an autoinstaller, but I would not recommend my worst enemy install it :D

Why not get a $14.95 certificate to secure your website, not much for a year... It's better since you see your full domain with https:// and get the little padlock on the status bar (not achieved with shared SSL).

Not sure never used it, but I would guess it's not any harder if not easier then any of the others.

I have heard nothing but good things about v-bulletin.

Re the vbulletin thing (sorry there are 2 threads going on here) but I read on here somewhere that something didn't work with the software and jodo???

has anyone else read that here??

thanks all!

:)

Yep, I see what you mean Stephen.......DOH!..........no but I'm sure I read that it required some sort of jiggery pokery to get it working on your servers and that it wasn't easy........

litessl.com - 14.95
godaddy.com - 19.95
rapidssl.com - 69.00

Note there are diferences between SSL besides the prices ;)

Back