Shifting the sites to new servers?

StPatrick

Perch
Hi guys,

As I understood you are moving all sites to a new servers, and of course I don't see my site now on-line. The only thing I get is Under construction on the sub-domain and a page with login to CP on the primary. If this is the result of shifting to a new servers, then may I ask you to move all the files from the old one to a new one? The reason is that I'm not at home right now - in business trip in Korea, so I cannot do this myself and returning back in 2 weeks (just before New Year). I've updated DNS records to a new "jodoshared.com" already, just need to move the files.

Thanx in advance :)

Any update on this? Here I'm only able to reach my work computer from PCAnywhere, but connection is very slow and it would take me days to download files and upload them to a new server :(

we're lookig into this.
We had actually created a skeleton account for you and it appears that you are getting domain transfer notifications from that which should have otherwise been ignored

Thank you Yash..
No, got only once DNS change request, did it and no other e-mails. DNS is propagated already, as I see the new IP address in ping..

Your files and domains are being shifted on top of everyone else's right now. You will have to however recreate your email accounts. As for your MS SQL database, you'd have to recreate that as well and open a ticket with the details of your old and new DB. We'd copy over the data for you as soon as you do that.

I seem to have this same problem. I got all these email about new account and domain transfers, and I changed the nameservers, but nothing happened. I also got a forgotten password email that I did not request.

After waiting a few days, I added the old nameservers to my domain as the ns3 and ns4, but nothing happened either. Also, I've logged in to the control panel and I appear to be on the old servers.

When we create your account on new servers you will get following emails automatically generated by Hsphere:

1. An email is sent with New account information. User name and password is same as in old account. Note new url. This url is not yet implemented at JodoHost website.

2. When your domains are added to new account (Control Panel), an email is sent out with new DNS.

DNS changes should be done after you get an email from us subject Account Transfer Complete. Here we will ask you to check if all files are transferred and working.

Once you check it and create your mailboxes etc. also make DNS changes. Once DNS propogates, send us an email to close old account. We will then close the old account and transfer balance amount to new account.

[Also, I've logged in to the control panel and I appear to be on the old servers.]... This is becuase you login to your old account from JodoHost website and are not using url as in above email.

Back