SHTML question

StPatrick

Perch
Sorry, maybe the answer will be very simple, but still I never tried SHTML, neither PHP.
What I'm trying to do is to create an SHTML page, with include or exec of PHP script (just trying out PHP), but can't get it working. The page is here:
http://xpressions.stpworks.com/guestbook.shtml
If you look at its source, you'll see it doesn't process an EXEC CGI command.
Note, PHP, SHTML and SHTML Exec are all enabled for this subdomain.

Please help me someone, lol

I think the answer to your problem is very simple. If you have a php include, the extension of the page has to be .php, and if the page with the include is in asp, the extension has to be .asp. So, the extension isn't .shtml, it's whatever language the script's written in. .shtml is for pages with only html and SSI

Well, no, from ASP page I can include whatever I want. Also according to documentaion, using SSI and extention .shtml I can include/exec another scripts, regardless of their script engine (PHP, CGI, ASP).
Also I have tried to renaming the file to PHP extention, and didn't get it working as well :(

Why not stick entirely to ASP? Are you trying to build a guestbook? I wrote my own in ASP which writes to a simple text file in any directory you want. If you like, I can send you the code, it's very small. You can see it at eisenberghome.com just click on Guestbook.
-Dave

Well, ASP I do know, but as usual I want to try something else. And it is PHP. And of course the simpliest thing to start with is a guestbook :) Kinda "Hello World" lol.

Nevermind, I just did the page in PHP and it worked..

If you want SSI calls to work your page will need to be named something.shtml and if you want PHP to work, it will need to be something.php ... right now the page that you are referencing is a .php page and not a .shtml page

Yep, I renamed it to PHP and got it working fine... Anyway I had a PHP script in it, so had to rename to PHP

Thanx to all for replies :)

Originally posted by Yash
If you want SSI calls to work your page will need to be named something.shtml and if you want PHP to work, it will need to be something.php ... right now the page that you are referencing is a .php page and not a .shtml page

Oh well, that was what I meant.

I'm using Include(); with my PHP pages to include a php page. Doesn't work. PHP is enabled. ( i think, on the main domain)

HELP! ?(

Back