Single email to multiple mailboxes?

riley

Perch
Is there any way to set up a mailbox so that mail sent to 1 mailbox can be automatically copied to another (not forwarded, but copied)? For example, mail sent to mailbox1 would wind up in both mailbox1 AND mailbox2.

riley

I think aliases will do this for you.

I always thought of mailbox aliases as something different: where mailbox1 is a real mailbox and mailbox2 and mailbox2 are aliases, emails directed to mailbox1, mailbox2 or mailbox3 will all wind up in mailbox1. I am looking to do the exact opposite, where mail to mailbox1 will wind up in mailbox1 and mailbox2 (both being real mailboxes). You might even think of it as a “broadcast†function.

I read through PSoft’s documentation and I did not see any way to do this. I am hoping some of the imaginative readers that frequent this forum can think of something -- perhaps some odd combination of mailbox settings, aliases, forwarding, etc.

riley

If you have it checked on mailbox and mail forward, it will go into multiple boxes while remaining in the original.

I think aliases will do this for you.

Well, after playing around a bit, I've discovered that you are, as usual, absolutely correct. After setting Mailbox2 as an alias for Mailbox1, mail directed to Mailbox1 winds up in both mailboxes, which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again Stephen.

riley

Back