Site Setup in Dreamweaver

When setting up a new site in Dreamweaver, is there a particulay directory structure that should be used on the PC? Everything I setup a site I have to go back and move the files into a domainname.com directory. Even if the site files are already in a domainname.com directory on my PC, when I download a file from the server a subdirectory with the same name (domainname.com\domainname.com) is created. Can someone tell me how to keep this from happening?

you just have to make sure that you have selected the correct folder in setting up the new site.
match the root local folder (whatever you call it) - with the remote folder called "domain.com"

It doesn't matter if the files are in the domain.com directory on my PC, when I upload them they are still placed one directory higher on the server. I have to manually move them under the domain.com directory on the server. Then, if I download one of those files from the server, a domain.com subdirectory is created under the domain.com directory that is already on my PC.

thats definitely an issue of your local and remote folder not being matched.

example:

local folder:
H:/Sites/Clientname/Publish/html

will match up to remote folder on FTP:
/username/domain.com

so in DW, make sure to:
a) use "H:/Sites/Clientname/Publish/html" as your base local folder for this site, and
b) enter "domain.com" as the remote path.

Thanks Snooper. My problem was I was not setting the Host Directory path when I set up the site. I didn't use that setting with my previous host. Thanks for the help.

Back