Sites have been Hacked!!

ZtaCari

Perch
I have put in a ticket and am very upset that this has happenned. Please fix this problem ASAP. Has anyone else had their site hacked? It says on the main page of my sites "HACKED BY TEAM-EVIL". Now I am worried about my client sites and the vulnerability of the servers.

we have taken the highest level of security measures to keep our servers secure.

What I am suspecting is that there may be a vulnerability in your script that a hacker exploited, and not the server,

No one else has reported hacking to us. We are however investigating

Many people are using simple passwords, that is very likely how something happened. I personally like to use a hard password, and change it every 1-2 months.

Does the site happen to have phpBB? There has been a recent exploit in their code and they suggest updating to the secured version.

It could be PHPbb, but really, I haven't seen a ticket on this and don't know anything more than what is here on the forums.

I didn't mean to imply any JodoHost responsibility with phpbb code, just meaning to help the user be aware if they were using phpbb that there was a recent exploit.

JodoHost has provided exellent service and support for all my needs.

Thank for all that, I know you hear the complaints more often than praise.

oh, phpbb is an issue, I am not denying it.

:)

I didn't mean anything by my reply but that I know nothing more about this than what is in this thread, and that it was only this users site. It could also be a weak password there.

Back