SMTP Problems with IMAP

PSOFT has recommended you recreate this email accounts. That would reset its settings.. could you give it a try?

Also, what I recommend is that both of you create a dummy email account with the same domain... add that to outlook as POP3. Before sending an email, POP3 with that account and you'll not face this problem...

SMTP auth is working fine from our testing

I created a new account on brawney.com (test1). Created a new IMAP account in Outlook Express. Accessed it via IMAP then tried to send an email using SMTP with authentication using test1 name and password. It did not work.

So the idea of deleting my real email account and creating a new one is not going to solve this problem.

The dummy POP3 account is a good idea for a workaround. I can do this but feel that I should not have to do such workarounds. This was working until a few days ago. I assume you moved everything to a new server and now SMTP authentication doesn't work. PSOFT seems to have a lot of problems. Now I'm sorry that we didn't move to Helm when we had the chance.

Yash said:
PSOFT has recommended you recreate this email accounts. That would reset its settings.. could you give it a try?

Also, what I recommend is that both of you create a dummy email account with the same domain... add that to outlook as POP3. Before sending an email, POP3 with that account and you'll not face this problem...

SMTP auth is working fine from our testing

We would have had more problems with helm given that the DNS servers and everything is on Windows and their software is buggy

I'm not saying that the dummy pop3 account is a permanent solution, its a temporary solution till we come up with a real one...

We never leave issues unresolved

I am just saying that when you guys decided to change mail servers all this stuff started to happen again. The IMAP was working 5 days ago and then you guys said that you weren't going to move the dns but you were going to move mail, cp and other stuff. A couples later I get the SMTP problem.

I know shamrox, I know. Use the temporary solution I gave above for the moment. We will fix this.. We have fixed issues 100 times more worse than this so you really shouldn't doubt our will to fix things. There are some fundamental issues with the qmail configuration we need to sort out

Hi All!

Has anybody heard anything more on this issue? I am in the same boat here, without a working imap client.

Just curioius

Doug

Just setup a dummy POP3 account as I outlined. That will make everything work just fine..

A permanent solution to this solution to this problem is migrating the mail server which we plan to do in a week.

Aloha!

Has this been fixed yet? The workaround works fine for now, but I'd really like to be able to do without it.

Thanks,
Maylene

Yash said:
we'll be reconfiguring our mail server soon, that will correct this

When you do, can you please turn SMTP authentication back on and make sure it's working? Right now it seems disabled altogether and before that it was broken :(

Code:
< 220 mail.m****here.biz ESMTP 
> EHLO subspace.somedomain.nl
< 250-mail.m****here.biz 
< 250-AUTH=LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN 
< 250-AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN 
< 250-PIPELINING 
< 250 8BITMIME 
> AUTH CRAM-MD5 
< 334 
> PDMyMDcuMTA3Njg3NTc4OEBtYWlsLm15aHNwaGVyZS5iaXo+ 
bWFyY2VsQHN1YmJvdC5uZXQgODBkODdiNWE4NjNkZTE0ZWViZmYzYThlYTEyOGQ3ODQ=