SMTP problems

Hello,

I have been having all sorts of problems off and on today. Web site down, e-mail down, webmail not working, could not access JodoHost.com, could not access support board, etc. Almost everything seems to have cleared up now, but SMTP isn't working. I can't get any e-mail to go out. I had another domain user verify this problem.

Me too. Currently, I can get my email, but have to use another mailserver (not Jodohost) to send my emails.
Last night all my domain aliases stopped working. They seem fine now, but this is most anoying.

Nathan

There was about 30min of downtime 12 hours ago due to a network outage

Everything should have been working after that.

There is an issue with connecting to the mail server that we are looking into and it will be resolved within another hour. The mail server is however not down and you can send and receive email via webmail

it was about midnight Pacific Time Zone.
it is now about 2 a.m.
JODOHOST email still doesn't work.

i created a ticket from CPANEL and i haven't received the receipt either.
usually, i would get the receipt within a minute.

i sent myself an email using my ISP email account.
it seems to be working fine.

is there a problem with JODOHOST email server?

OK, the connection issue was fixed when I initially posted it

What happened now was someone was spamming from our server pretty badly and there was a huge queue of email. Because of that, email sending from the server was getting delayed by hours

We have cleared up most of the queue and are going to continue to work on it over the night. The reason its taking time is we are deleting emails individually as we do not wish to delete customer emails in the queue

SMTP seems to be sporadic.

i posted a message below, someone responded and it supposed to send me a notification email but i didn't get it.
though, i did check INSTAND EMAIL NOTIFICATION.

http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=1164

same as the ticket i created.
i got the ticket creation confirmation.
but, never got another email from JODOHOST after the ticket resolved.
usually, we would get 2 emails.
one email to confirmation the submission.
and another email to notify the ticket resolution.

Back