Spam filtering

SubSpace

Bass
Recently I received an e-mail that JodoHost would be conducting tests regarding spam filtering.
I haven't read anything about it since. Is it currently active? Is it a purely RBL type filtering or does it also check using pattern matching rules?

I'm using my own spam filtering software for my e-mail account at JodoHost, and I'd like to have some more info on this. I might want to disable my own RBL checks for instance, if they've already been done.

We are looking into this feature.. If its going to be implemented, it will be in no less than 2 weeks..

The problem with SPAM filtering is that genuine email does get filtered out in some cases. We do not want to take a chance with that. We'll probably begin with is just SpamCop and reverse DNS lookup. After that, we could have our own list where customers ask us to block certain email messages or addresses...

Yash said:
The problem with SPAM filtering is that genuine email does get filtered out in some cases. We do not want to take a chance with that. We'll probably begin with is just SpamCop and reverse DNS lookup. After that, we could have our own list where customers ask us to block certain email messages or addresses...

Some systems use a form of spam tagging. If the rules are good, this is extremely helpful. If it detects spam, it adds "[SPAM]" or some such moniker at the beginning of the subject field. Then the client can detect this. This way you never actually trash anything that shouldn't be.

I am happy that you are sensitive to this issue, because loosing mail that some program determines is spam will most certainly kill business.

Back