Spam

I spoke too soon! Today I did get one spam email offering to email my site to over 3.5 million email addresses for free! Naturally I took them up on the offer - how very kind and thoughtful of them!

You just can't turn offers like that down can you. So far I have submitted mine to 3.5 Billion :D

Did it come from yourdomain.com@m****here.biz ?? How can that happen JH? Are they spoofing the emails? Should it be allowed to happen? I am starting to see an increase in emails coming from [email protected] sent to [email protected] as well now. These have only started within the last 3-4 weeks - has anything changed?

Thanks
Greg

PS - Don't panic, I have really taken them up on the 3.5 Billion emails, i thought the offer was too good to be real - I went for the 5 million instead :D :D

They are definately spoofing the headers. Just one of the many tricks employed by spammers.

You can make your spam filter more aggressive

Thanks Yash - I've changed the spam filter to "Aggressive". Is there a FAQ or something which explains the spam and virus features of the control panel ?

If you have a SPF record for your domain, and Jodo's mailserver has SPF implemented ..then yes, it should avoid this.

You'll still get SPAM, but not from *@yourdomain.com, at in theory :p

Back