SpamAssassin in Windows/PLESK VPS ?

kpieper

Guppy
Is the POWER PACK required to have SpamAssassin?

Some hosts have it in the Power Pack, some have it as part of the base install of PLESK 7.5. Never could make heads or tails of this.

It is on the power pack plans, it is a upgrade option for the basic but I don't think it is even offered to us as a stand alone, you can buy it from the plesk site on its own however, I agree it is CONFUSING!

So direct answer, Value plan doesn't have, all others do.

Stephen said:
I it is a upgrade option for the basic .

Does this mean it can be added to the Value plan?
Or did I misunderstand your comment?

What I'm wanting is a PLESK Windows plan similar to what I already have elsewhere. Most of the plans here seem to jump all features (bandwidth, hard drive space, databases), and I don't need all that excess. Not the kind of person that wants to pay for something that'll never get used. If that makes sense.

PowerPack on Value is going to leave you restricted in RAM. While we can license PowerPack to you as an add-on (contact sales).. if you want a fully functional Plesk 7.5 install for selling shared & reseller hosting.. go for Silver

The only reason I go for reseller/VPS is because I have about 10 sites I host, almost all of them are small personal or organization site with minimal traffic. Only 1 site gets any traffic, a medium sized site (25GB traffic, under 500MB in pages/images/files). The others get about 15-20GB added together, at most. Sometimes this spikes up, double the traffic on the main site, about 2-3 times a year, mostly around major holidays.

I know PLESK has a minimum of 256MB RAM required. Do you think I'll endanger that? And it's not like I need the whole Power Pack, just part of it for SpamAssassin (and possibly to add support for my 1 MSSQL database, not really sure).

Just seeing what my options are. Thanks.

Well Plesk uses around 150MB ram without powerpack. and the system uses about 80MB ram.

We can sure try installing Powerpack for you and I do think you might be able to manage if you dont have any memory intensive websites. Contact sales to get the exact add-on pricing for Plesk on Value

Back