Spammers getting private email addresses from Jodohost servers

bro

Perch
In the last three days I've begun getting spam to addresses I've only ever used with Jodohost. These are not addresses on public web pages, but ones that I've only ever used for my Jodohost contact information, either when ordering domains or for my hostspace.
I use unique addresses every time I place an order with any company (such as [email protected]), and never use them again, so I know they've come from Jodohost information that should never have been public at any time.
I assume whoever has access to the email addresses in my accounts also has access to all the other personal information Jodohost hold.

An explanation would be nice...

That's a very serious accusation

We share ABSOLUTELY NO customer information with ANY 3rd party. We follow our privacy policy very very strictly - www.jodohost.com/privacypolicy.asp

The only other company that holds your personal details are our payment processors and both are reliable companies so I doubt there can be any leak there

I have no explanation for why you could be receiving spam but email address harvesting software is getting more and more sophisticated. I heard a new software queries mail servers to find existing email addresses or something similar

so i checked the whois and that's where they came from...
:-/
sorry, forgot about that.

go can delete the thread now. i'll go get some sleep, had a hard day... that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

I just wanted to restate here, that we never give out your private information, thank you for finding the source of it and resolving that. And for any one else's future reference, just remember the address you use when you purchase a domain is the one that will be listed, WHOIS harvesters are very well known these days, and also very annoying (I get those email too)

That's why it's best to give out fake info on wwhois. It's not like the info matters anyways.

I often get surprised when I see who register my own website :D

I am not trying to contradict you, but officially your domain and be deactivated and taken away from you for false information.

Back