SQL Server 2005 + PHP

Inka

Perch
Hello,

I am an existing HSPHERE reseller

On your reseller webpage:

http://www.jodohost.com/reseller.asp

It is stated that MS SQL 2005 is provided and the plans have unlimited DBs available. Is this correct? Somebody at the chat told me I have to pay extra, because of a link of 2004

Another question: Is PHP running for windows as a CGI or as an ISAPI module?

Thanks

inka,

The reseller page reflects the cluster2, that being said MSSQL10 is SQL 2005 and has no extra fees :)

PHP is run as CGI on older and ISAPI+some special tweaks on newer

inka,

The reseller page reflects the cluster2, that being said MSSQL10 is SQL 2005 and has no extra fees :)

PHP is run as CGI on older and ISAPI+some special tweaks on newer

Hi Stephen,

Do I have SQL 2005 available for my customers with my current reseller accountS?

Thanks

SQL 2005 is available to anoyne that doesnt have any SQL DB on another server, if it is additional outside of hsphere we can create it but it will be at a slightly reduced rate from the post back when I said it was available before. This is because we have to manually create, manage, and it is outside of hsphere.
If you want to do it without fees and just count against your own quota you could make a new hsphere account, and then when a user wants a database you could simply make it for them in your control panel and give them the login info :)

SQL 2005 is available to anoyne that doesnt have any SQL DB on another server,

By "anyone" you mean any account created under my hsphere reseller, or any reseller? Other of my customers have SQL 2000 DBs in other servers, but I want SQL 2005 for a new customer.

In this last case is it free?

if it is additional outside of hsphere we can create it but it will be at a slightly reduced rate from the post back when I said it was available before. This is because we have to manually create, manage, and it is outside of hsphere.

I did not understand: "outside hsphere". Please clarify

If you want to do it without fees and just count against your own quota you could make a new hsphere account, and then when a user wants a database you could simply make it for them in your control panel and give them the login info :)

I guess this is true for my old customers who now want SQL 2005, but who have SQL 2000 DBs, but does not apply for new customers I sign up (free?)

Thanks

New customers will be on MSSQL10 that is 2005, no problem, yes I was giving a scenerio where an old client with existing DBs wants SQL 2005, it could be done with charge outside of hsphere(meaning you cant control it, and not counted against any quota, so it is a billed service), and the other case of making a new account and creating them freely for these users yourself.

New clients will be on SQL 2005 regardless.

About PHP, it is mostly security settings and parameters so it impersonates the web user for security.

Thank you a lot for your answers. I think my doubts were clarified, but let me summarize my situation together with the information you gave me

A new customer of me needs SQL Server 2005 DBs and PHP running as ISAPI.

Since he is a new customer, the account I will create for him will be created in a server that has PHP running as an ISAPI module. Besides, he can create SQL Server 2005 databases without any extra cost for me.

Thanks,

Inka

Back