SQL Server 2005 & VS.Net 2005 now available for MSDN subscribers.

jonyah

Perch
they were put online today. for those who have msdn accounts, you can now download the final releases even though they aren't available until the 7th. MSDN may be getting hammered right now as I'm having difficulty getting my copies.

looks like they reorganized the content again. Now they only have the dvd images for VS and SQL, which is much better than the multiple cd images. Their site is working great this morning. I'm getting more than 600kb/s download from them.

Not anytime soon I am afraid, it is a radical change from 2000, for the better, but hsphere is not even close to supporting it.
By not close, I mean not evens started development to support it.

it is definitely a big difference. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. After the first beta, I was not happy with it at all. I'm just now getting the final version installed and expect it will be at least next summer before I even start thinking about moving anything over to it. This is much more than just an upgrade from 2000.

SQL2005 is actually a SWEET DB, it actually has something called the SQLOS, that is really a whole os/kernel in itself.

So you won't be supporting SQL 2005 anytime soon, but what about VS.Net 2005?

[edit] Please ignore - I've just found the answer elsewhere in the forum, and it's good news :)

Back