"SQL Server does not exist or access denied" Error

L

lethalpower

I have researched several posts about the subject but nothing works for me. First of all I'm using MS Visual Studio.NET 2003 v. 7.1, MS.NET framework 1.1, WinXP sp2, no firewall, MS SQL Server v.8 no sp3 patch. I can access and conect to the server and run a windows VB simple app with no problem but if i try do run an ASP web app I get the "SQL Server does not exist or access denied" Error. I can preview the data by right clicking on the data adapter and selecting "Preview Data...". I can also click the "Fill Dataset" button and see the records in the table. I have try several solutions like recycling the app pool,and adding attributes to the connection string, nothing works. How come I can conect from a VB app and not the ASP if I'm using the same con string? BTW the connectiom string is:" workstation id=MARJIEOCASIO;packet size=4096;user id=ReadOnly;data source=SERVER;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Calibration2001SQL" Another thing, I have created ASP applications on this workstation before but we just got a new server although all the settings from the old server were copied into the new one. Please help, I've been stock on this issue for the past three days and my boss is starting to give me funny looks. ?(

Hey i got same problem when installing it in our demo pc, install sp3 it will fix the connectivity error

Back