Sub Domains & Domain Aliases

ricka0

Perch
Are these standard terms? Do you define them anywhere? As I understand it
if www.ricka.com was my domain you hosted, I could also have www.sales.ricka.com, www.info.ricka.com, www.picka.ricka.com, etc - but could only get email to [email protected] and not [email protected]

Domain aliases:
Suppose you hosted www.ricka.com for me and a new customer "Joe Smith" aquired www.JoeSmith.com. Could I then have www.JoeSmith.com point to a folder in my www.ricka.com site but look and act like it was it's own domain?

Could Joe have an email account [email protected] or would it need to be [email protected] (yuck ?( )

Most of my customers are happy with Web email access, altho a few of them pay me extra to set up their laptops so they can get their email downloaded to OE or Outlook 2003 via POP. What is the correlation between email accounts and domains ( I'm guessing 1:1 , ie you can have unlimited mail boxes, but if your package has 3 Domains, then you can only have 3 domain emails , ie [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] where xxx is arbitrary )

rick,

You can have subdomains with email addresses if you wish.

As for the aliases, that is not how hsphere works, but you could set a redirect to work as such.

If you did it as a redirect I don't believe you can have mail services, but my recommendation would be to add it inside your control panel, it would be BESIDE your other domain folders.
Hephre does domains like this:
User root - then each domain has a domain root
domain1.com
domain2.com
domain3.com

So joesmith.com would just be a new folder inside your account.
You can have as mainy emails as needed inside each domain.

If you needed more than 3 domains I would really recommend looking into the LiteHost plan, it cost a bit more, but you get additional control panels, for you or your end users, you get more space and bandwidth as well. From the reseller level plans i is also easier to upgrade to a higher level plan allowing more more end users, disk space, bandwidth, etc.

Good questions, if there is anything else, we are here :)

Stephen said:
The above customer reply is correct. :)
Customer -to-be! not yet signed up, but stalking your forums and liking it so far. My current hosting provider has not given enough reasons to move, just not yet. In any case I am evaluating for possible spreading of my services to offer premium redundency (ue HSphere on other side as well) ..... something I am exploring.

:) By the way do I get paid to provide answers .lol. maybe in kind!

Back