Suggestion On Reseller Account Suspensions

bradovich

Perch
Hello,

I've been a JH customer for several years. Recently I changed the billing credit card information on my account and had trouble with the monthly charge due to timing of funds transfer to that card. My mistake was, I let this slide until this morning. That's when I discovered all my accounts and the accounts of all my customers suspended. I was alerted to this by a customer who runs a software development company and stored information for his clients' projects online.

My suggestion is this: If you need to get the attention of a reseller, close down the reseller accounts first, then suspend the customer accounts after an additional waiting period. In the context of many years of ontime payments, the relatively small amount involved ($35.00) and the time involved (21 days) I think ruining my credibility with my small but loyal customer base was a much harsher response than necessary. Attempting a subsequent charge before the suspension would also have worked in this case, as my new credit account was well funded for weeks.

I realize I bear responsibility in this matter, but the reseponse to it in my opinion was a gross overreaction.

Hello,

Please check your billing profile and contact profile for a current valid email address. Hsphere does this after a sustained time and multiple warnings, it used to be sooner than 21 days and it has been set to this now.

I am sorry for the problems it caused, but automated messages are set out about 1. due 2. overview 3. warning of suspension, 4. 2nd warning 5. Suspension.

Back