Summary Quota

Hello all,
I'm a bit confused for summary quota because never used it...

If I don't use summary quota on my plans and set individual limits, Will I run a oversell risk and go over my reseller limits?

trying an example...
plan without summary quota:
web: 50
mail: 10 mailbox, each 50MB

If a customer under this plan is using 40 of 50MB on web and his 10 mailbox are using 30MB each.
How much space you compute me as reseller?
40MB or 340MB??

Thanks
Martin

You either need to stay fulyl summery quota, or don't use it, or Hsphere will get quite confused, mixing the two doesn't work well :)

thanks Stephen for the answer.
But what about if I do not use summary ? JH do it.
Will I in risk to go over my reseller quota ?

trying an example...
plan without summary quota:
web: 50
mail: 10 mailbox, each 50MB

If a customer under this plan is using 40 of 50MB on web and his 10 mailbox are using 30MB each.

How much space JH compute me as reseller?
40MB or 340MB??

The fact is that seems, under this schema, mail quota could make my quota very hard to manage within my limits.
it's true?

thanks

I am just tech support, not in billing or sales, and I don't regularly deal with this type of thing, I will point it out to someone who can better answer :)

Total disk space includes FTP space on servers + mails + DB. So yes it would be counted as 340 MB.

Summary disk usage allows you to use more resources on non-regular basis and keep resources under allowed resources limits for your billing period as a whole.

I think I understand how the Summary Disk Usage works, but have a question about how ORACLE 10g is handled.

As a reseller, I have a plan that offers 300MB of disk usage.
This 300MB can be consumed by the user in a number of different combinations of Disk, Email, FTP, and DB usage.

Now if under the same plan, I offer 10MB of Oracle 10g disk space, does the SDU include the 10MB of Oracle space? Or will H-Sphere count this space separately?

How would I set up a plan to offer 300MB of SDU space + 10MB of Oracle 10g space?

Thanks!!

Not to start another thread:
On my reseller I have 4 user accounts:
1. 174.42/500 MB
2. 65.59/500 MB
3. 106.47/1000 MB
4. 34.72/150 MB
5. 16.31/350 MB
That is 397,51/2500.
Still, my reseller shows me 1,767.95/2500 MB. Where is the difference come from? What is happening if I will go over quotta (considering the fact that I have paid for a year in advance, and if it is something, the money could be deducted from the ammount paid and the biling period reduced accordingly)?

zaboss, is that including mail and databases in the quota as well? Make sure when you run reports for usage that you start at the beginning of the users billing period otherwise it averages usage from the default date(like 1/1/2000), and if the account did not start until say, 3 months ago, lots of 0's going to be there in the monthly average an skew the report to the downside a LOT.

Back