switching flash remoting gateways

fumeng

Guppy
hi.

i've got a flash application that uses remoting to make calls to a cf component (which then flushes data to a database). everything works great. the database returns a value of "1" which means that data is being flushed to it.

i use an xml file to build the path to my cf component a la:
Code:
<server type="tracking" address="www.mydomain.com" port="80" appname="flashservices/gateway" service="components.analytics.tracker" />
but as soon as i want to switch it to another server, it breaks, ie:
Code:
<server type="tracking" address="www.mydomain.com" port="8500" appname="flashservices/gateway" service="components.analytics.tracker" />
notice that i now use port 8500 instead of 80. this is because the server is CF on my local machine.

anyone know where i could start debugging this?

thanks. fumeng.

How do you mean it breaks? What error do you get? Is the connection even established on your local server? did you check your logs? If you did connect try creating log files in your cfc after a block of code to see if the code processed correctly. ie
Code:
<cftry>
<!--- Run Code--->
<cfcatch>
<cffile action="append" file="D:\errorlog.txt" output="error"> 
</cfcatch>
</cftry>

hello. thank you very much for replying. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. because i'm brand new to coldFusion i'm missing a lot of the basic things. the problem was that i hadn't set up my mySQL database as a data source in the coldFusion administrator. i didn't even realize i had to do that. thanks for your help and happy new year.

fumeng.

Back