This transaction cannot be accepted

I need help determining why a recurring monthly transaction has failed. H-sphere's automated processes sent me an email stating:

While the Accounting system processed
User: MyClient
Account: XXXXXX
Plan: Hosting Plan Name
Date: Sun Jun 12 04:04:08 EDT 2005
===========================
Error: This transaction cannot be accepted.
===========================
Trace log:
This transaction cannot be accepted.
at psoft.hsphere.Bill.charge(Bill.java:182)
at psoft.hsphere.ActiveBill.charge(ActiveBill.java:47)
at psoft.hsphere.Account.charge(Account.java:1911)
at psoft.hsphere.cron.Accounting.chargeAccounts(Accounting.java:171)
at psoft.hsphere.cron.Accounting.processJob(Accounting.java:76)
at psoft.hsphere.background.BackgroundJob.run(BackgroundJob.java:249)

I checked my merchant gateway settings in H-Sphere and with my merchant provider and all is configured properly.

The credit card used to pay the recurring monthly transaction is valid.

Any ideas?

FYI, no other transactions have been attempted on any other accounts within my reseller account; meaning, no other transactions have had the opportunity to fail or succeed.

Thanks

I had three regularly scheduled transactions also fail twice in the last two days. Something is broken....though my message is different so maybe not.....open a ticket!

Is this using a system that checks AVS(the address verification system) by any chance?

I recently saw that on psoft forums is why I asked, they recommended disabling AVS, as it does not play any part in a deline or accepance of a card anyway.

Stephen said:
I recently saw that on psoft forums is why I asked, they recommended disabling AVS, as it does not play any part in a deline or accepance of a card anyway.

Does this mean that the only information sent from H-Sphere to my payment gateway provider during the signup process is the name on the credit card, the number and the expiration date?

I would suggest calling your merchant provider to process your transaction. I use www.cardservicesales.com to process all my payments and they've worked out great. They usually help me deal with all unprocessed payments or returned items.

Back