Transact SQL

Hi,

Being new here, hope anyone can provide some direction.

Apart from going and attend a course (which I hope I will have a change to), what is the fastest way to learn this "Transact SQL" (which I think is Microsoft's implementation of SQL in MS Sql Server series) ?

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated.

usjTraffic said:
Hi,

Being new here, hope anyone can provide some direction.

Apart from going and attend a course (which I hope I will have a change to), what is the fastest way to learn this "Transact SQL" (which I think is Microsoft's implementation of SQL in MS Sql Server series) ?

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated.
T-SQL varies only very slightly from ANSI SQL. If you know basic SQL concepts then T-SQL should be a snap to pick up.

Hi Richard :) ,

Thanks for your intro to the books and the w-sites. I find the sqlteam particularly interesting, and would think they offer a wealth of information too, although I may need to crack my head a little to filter through them for similar situations I will encounter. Good one.

Hello Hatton :) ,
I'm not a ansi sql expert, and just want to pick up T-sql with the quickest speed without having to spend alot of time (and hopefully money too).

I found the Ms sql reference site very useful though, but will still need some time to grasp the whole thing.

I have one particular problem in mind while wading through using the MSSQL2000 Enterprise Manager to do queries.

Perhaps anyone have cracked this one would wants to share how it was done. Will appreciate it very much.

Back