Transaction Log Full?

Logan

Perch
I am importing some tables from a local Access database to the SQL server and I am not getting an error message that my transaction log is full. How do I change the size, and how do I delete/truncate it?

Robert,

Email support, ask them to set your recovery model to Simple, and to check auto shrink on your database and that will fix the problem for good, if you want to just enlarge the DB size that will also increase the transaction log size and allow more transactions, so you have two options on that.

malemanes said:
I am importing some tables from a local Access database to the SQL server and I am not getting an error message that my transaction log is full. How do I change the size, and how do I delete/truncate it?

Stephen said:
Robert,

Email support, ask them to set your recovery model to Simple, and to check auto shrink on your database and that will fix the problem for good, if you want to just enlarge the DB size that will also increase the transaction log size and allow more transactions, so you have two options on that.

Stephen, thanks for the direction. I did as you suggested, and recieved a reply in the ticket that the changes are made and to "check it" (I hate it when they say that).

How do I confirm that these changes are made? Other than wait for the error to occur again.

Or are there things I can't do because the size of the transaction log limit me?

There really is not anything to check, as long as they did what I had said there it will be fixed.

(I mean by that, there is nothing you can check, I don't know of an end user location it shows those details)

Sorry for the delay in my reply, my internet has been down over a day, stinking rain and wireless internet.

Stephen said:
There really is not anything to check, as long as they did what I had said there it will be fixed.

(I mean by that, there is nothing you can check, I don't know of an end user location it shows those details)

Sorry for the delay in my reply, my internet has been down over a day, stinking rain and wireless internet.

You're totally dependant on wireless? That sux! I'm not sure I could survive without the Internet for more than a day.

I dropped my ISDN so yes, I am dependant on wireless, yea, NO GOOD, and soon to be resolved with DSL.

Back