Transferring Domain - very confusing. Please help!

I just registered a new 1 year private domain at GoDaddy. I already host a site here and I'd like to host the new domain at Jodohost as well. I've read some of the old posts but still confused.

What are the exact steps I need to take?

What are the costs involved? Seems like other posts said you have to pay another 8.50 for the transfer so does that add 1 year to my newly registered 1 year making it 2 years or replace that original one year period?

Thanks!

If you just registered, you won't be able to transfer, but you don't have too.

You can set your DNS with a domain at godaddy, the hsphere system calls it a"transfer" but it is not a domain transfer, only DNS.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Ok, I went to GoDaddy's domain management tool. I set the DNS (domain name servers?) to NS1.JODOSHARED.COM and NS2.JODOSHARED.COM. Is that what you were saying I should do?

If so, what's next? How to I attach it to my jodohost account to start developing the website here?

Thanks again!

Are you referring to the "Other Domain Name Registration & Transfer" box under "Add new domain" (the first box at the top)?

It says I don't have enough money in my account. I thought I didn't have to pay for this since I'm just resetting the DNS to point to JodoHost?

No you don't need to do domain name registration, just "transfer"

If you need more detailed help send a ticket with your account name and we can help you a bit better.

You can send an email to techsupport @ jodohost.com (no spaces) with those details.

Stephen, thanks for trying to help.

The confusion is because there is no "Transfer" option on my screen when I click Add New Domain.

There's only Other Domain Name Registration & Transfer, Third Level Domain Name Registration, Stopgap domain registration, and Domain parking. That's why I'm not sure what you ar referring to.

I'll send a ticket in with more details...

You were in the right spot, but there is a billing question here. I will speak with someone in billing about what I should do ASAP.

Back